Time & Location
About The Event
It is RADICAL LOVE, because under ongoing colonisation, white supremacy, racism, transphobia and other forms of oppression, it is a radical act to love oneself. This event is designed to be an active space for anti-racism. It is not an educative space, but rather a space where First Nation and BBIPOC can collect, celebrate and joyously engage with each other’s creativity, artistry and performance.
This space is here for you to recharge. To nourish your souls for the ongoing fight against oppression.
There will be:
- Market Stalls
- Performances + Dances
- Rappers + Bands
- Interactive art + art exhibition
- Stick + poke tattooing
- All things to rejuvenate and joyously celebrate!
All acts, artists, creatives and directors of RADICAL LOVE are from the First Nation, Torres Strait Islander and South Sea Islander, Black, People of Colour communities.
RADICAL LOVE will also have a unique ticketing system. This is to emphasise to the non-BBIPOC + First Nation community that this celebration has come at cost. A cost due to structural + institutional racism, colonialism, queerphobia, transphobia and the overall harmful consequences of oppression. The costs being not only financially, but to overall mental, spiritual, cultural and physical wellbeing.
The ticketing scale: -
- Blue tickets: FREE for unwaged persons (all cultural identities) and Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islanders and South Sea Islander peoples and Trans People of Colour
- Orange tickets: $5 for those who identify as waged BBIPOC
- Green tickets: $10 for those who identify as non-BBIPOC/Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders (white people)
Overall, this ticketing system is a symbolic gesture. It will be based on trust and we will not be checking anyone’s identity based upon their ticket choice. It is meant for those to acknowledge their privilege.
- BLUE TICKET$0$00$0
- ORANGE TICKET$5$50$0
- GREEN TICKET$10$100$0